This month was full of infuriating and upsetting things, but this list is NOT, which makes me happy. I don’t really understand who this woman is who keeps bouncing back but I hope she hangs around for a bit. Some of these new things are a little bit contrived due to the distractions going on…but they were new nonetheless! They definitely count because I said so and I am in charge.
Turns out I know a lot of brave or inspiring people – hello to you. I’m neither of those but if you are inspired to try any new things as a result of reading my lists, please let me know, and you can feature in a future blog post!
New things done in February:
- Started a blog (this blog)
- Promoted my blog on social media (with help from Caroline and Helen)
- Went to a lecture about the EU – in a building I hadn’t been in before
- Had a house valuation done
- Ate my lunch at my desk with chopsticks
- Made a new soup: roasted swede
- Made crumpets!!!
- Made a towel elephant
- Went to a new (to me) cafe: Caffe Sicilia in Cambridge (and tried new cakes)
- Had my lunch from a new place: ‘Tasty‘ on Cambridge market (Quorn Bolognese – possibly never had that before but can’t swear to it)
- Went to a lecture given by a pop star (Andy Bell from Erasure!)
- Went to the lovely Madingley Hall
- Tried Spaghetti alle Vongole
- Applied to be a steward at a festival
- Tried out my Scholl ‘Express Pedi’
- Made a banana milkshake … and won my first competition on Twitter and took a photo of a peregrine falcon from my office
- Bought something from a supermarket fish counter…and gutted, scaled, cleaned a fish, and cooked sea bream. Stressful
- Went to a production by Ely Amateur Dramatic Society (‘The Ladykillers’), which involved two people I know who I hadn’t seen acting before – at Ely College, another new place for me
- Was a ‘presenter’ on a PPD course (and did my first presentation to strangers)
- Cooked a recipe with Ras El Hanout (delicious)
- Sent a postcard to my little nieces
- Was let out of work to go for an angry walk (‘Take your time!’)
- Bought the Big Issue for someone who hadn’t read it before (now a convert, I believe)
- Stood up and said a few words at an administrators’ forum at work
- Tried Speculoos spread
- Went to a stand-up comedy night (and was the ‘competition winner’ at an event – fortunately that didn’t seem to involve doing anything scary or having my photo taken)
- Listened to three albums I hadn’t heard before (my cousin’s top three albums of 2015)
- Set up and used my Fitbit (see previous blog post…hooray!)
- Visited a museum online – I went to Alcatraz Island via the Google Art Project
There are too many people to thank this month but a special shout-out goes to my colleagues who had a role in 13 of these things! And Andy for his moral support and chargers in item 28.